Having the right brand marketing campaign is important to establish the value and prominence of your brand in the mind of the target audience for the long term. With the assistance of a good digital branding agency, you shall be able to ascertain a positive core image for your business, and ultimately increase the odds of your offerings coming to the mind of the consumers when they are making a purchasing decision.
In simple terms, a brand marketing campaign emphasizes putting the messaging and story of your business in front of the target audience with the key objective of boosting brand awareness. It also contributes towards augmenting brand equity in their mind. An effective brand campaign can go a long way in enabling you to manage the public image and narrative of your brand, while simultaneously differentiating it from the competition.
Creation of a brand strategy
Like any other campaign, the one associated with brand marketing also starts with the formulation of a robust strategy. This strategy tends to encompass long-term, specific goals and includes important components of the character of your company that make it identifiable to the mass audience. A properly planned out, well-defined, and effectively executed brand campaign strategy shall impact multiple aspects of a business. They are also connected directly to competitive environments, as well as consumer emotions and concerns.
Your brand is way more than your website, your product or service, your logo, or even your company name. It is an expansive element that might be intangible but has a great influence on your profit prospects and business success. A good strategy additionally is what separates a powerhouse from any mediocre brand in the market.
Factors to keep in mind when running a brand marketing campaign
The right approach towards a brand marketing campaign, as well as the steps involved in it, would vary from one company to another, depending on the specific requirements of a business. The following pointers underline a few considerations you must keep in mind in regards to brand campaigns management.
These tips can help you to launch an impact brand campaign, regardless of the type of business you run.
- Money cannot replace time: It shall take a lot of effort to get your messaging across, as you start with a major brand positioning or repositioning campaign. Investing too many funds right at the beginning of the campaign is a major mistake you shall want to avoid. Even though the frequency of messaging is vital in driving change, the message duration should also be focused on. Hence, rather than spending a good portion of your budget on developing frequency too fast, you can use those funds to create a consistent message over the period. Such an approach shall provide your target audience with the time necessary to absorb your brand position.
- Gain an understanding of your target audience: You cannot create or carry out a good brand campaign unless you take time to figure out your core group of existing and prospective consumers. Unless you do not know whom you are targeting your messages to, there is no way to craft a campaign that will resonate with the people. Creating buyer personas can be among the easiest, yet effective ways to gain a better understanding of your target audience, and use the insights to guide all major designs across the campaign. By doing so, you can formulate more impactful messages that have greater odds of influencing varying types of audiences.
- Make it easier for the consumers: You should not expect the target audience to effectively gauge multiple messages from a single advertisement or promotion. At the best, they shall walk away with the core call to action or the explicit primary message. Picking up any secondary message or making the connection between your brand and some abstract concept should not be expected of them. Most consumers do not have the attention span or inclination to dwell too much on advertisements. Moreover, too abstract or confusing ones may just make them disinterested or annoyed. Therefore, rather than waiting for them to connect the dots, you should do it yourself. Good brand campaigns are always customer-focused and hence emphasizes making it easier for them to absorb information.
- Plan for several touch-points: Synergy works quite well for brand marketing campaigns. Consumers who are exposed to several types of media and touchpoints are likely to be more positively impacted by a campaign. The types of media may involve print, television, social media, digital, and so on. By making sure that you spread your marketing budget across multiple media vehicles you shall have greater chances of driving the message home to the consumers. This will also help you to decrease the risk of hitting a saturation point with any singular media type.
- Think for both effectiveness and efficiency: To build or change the perception of the consumer, you would require them to be heavily exposed to your campaign. Opting to generate adequate frequency over some time can be quite helpful in this regard. Before investing in any prime-time premiers or events, you must have a good foundation of frequency-building media. In the contemporary world, social media can prove to be an incredible vehicle for gaining greater consumer exposure across a broad set of audiences, without spending too much money.
- Keep a track of your campaign: To have enough confidence in the effectiveness of your campaign, you need to have a measurement mechanism in place that can provide feedback in real-time. You can use the insights from the feedback to tweak your strategy and improve your campaign process, while it is still running. This feedbacks will provide you with the encouragement boost to see through your campaign with the assurance that it is ultimately benefiting your brand. You can optimize your messaging and media channels for future campaigns as well, based on the feedback and insights collected. Measuring your campaign progress is also needed to let the important stakeholders know about the important findings associated with it.
- Set parameters for success: To track the success of your campaign you shall first need to set clear metrics or parameters for success. Multiple factors can help determine the success or failure level of a campaign. These factors however vary across initiatives, based on the overarching objective of a company. Moreover, taking into consideration that the key aim of a brand campaign typically is to develop greater awareness than sales, general KPIs and marketing metrics used by most marketers might not be an accurate representation of the efficiency of the campaign.
A brand marketing campaign can provide your business with the chance to create or even rebuild its image in the mind of the consumers. With the help of well-thought-out initiatives and strategies, you can make your service or product a household name, and see to it that it is among the go-to solutions that the target audience chooses whenever they are planning to make a relevant purchase. By partnering with a good digital branding company you can especially formulate a comprehensive brand strategy that can be used to guide your marketing efforts in the future.