You reading this article clears out the question ‘What is an eCommerce Website?’
Basically, an eCommerce design is the face of the online store that businesses used to sell their product online.
The very first & most important step in creating a successful eCommerce store is getting your plans ready, conceptualize the idea behind the business/brand, and finally, arrange the content & product for effective display on the internet.
Talking about the design, if you want to design a good e-commerce website, it must focus on four elements–
- Clear Product Catalogue Navigation
- Effective Information Architecture
- Optimized Product Landing Pages
- Easy Checkouts & Review Process
All these elements combine to be a great usability factor for your start eCommerce website.
What does it take to build an e-commerce website?
Here are some steps that you should focus on while building an E-commerce website
- Research and design about your niche
- Develop the business model that suits you & your customers
- There are many eCommerce website development platforms you can go with, identify the one which works for you.
- Here are the top eCommerce development platforms
- Set up payment methods (Paytm, Paypal, UPI, Debit/Credit Card, or COD)
- Finally, add the product SKU, attractive images & relevant yet selling description to your product catalogue.
- Now that your website is ready to go online, give it a final inspection and publish.
Types of E-Commerce website
eCommerce websites are categorized, based on the purpose they fulfil.
- Business-to-Business(B2B): Electronic transactions between companies for goods and services.
Example: A business sells automobile services to other businesses.
- Business-to-Consumer(B2C): Electronic transactions between companies for goods and services.
Example: You buy a new dress from an online store.
- Consumer-to-Consumer(C2C): Consumers transact products and services electronically, usually through a third party.
Example: You sell your old car on OLX to another consumer.
- Consumer-to-Business(C2B): Individuals give items or services to businesses through electronic transactions of commodities and services.
Example: Social media influencers exposing their online audience in exchange for a fee.
Top E-Commerce websites
These are some of the most Famous E-Commerce websites
Advantages of an eCommerce Website to Business
The primary advantage of an eCommerce business is that it is very useful in reaching out to targeted audiences within seconds and allows you to perform your business flexibly. Nowadays, internet business, as eCommerce, has become a popular way to make money. You just need to have a computer and internet connection, and you can easily continue with the marketing business with just a click of the mouse.
Another important benefit of an eCommerce business is that it helps you to identify the target audience quickly and reach them easily, too. For example, if you are selling some product or services, you can easily make research on the market from the internet and identify your niche market.
Accordingly, you can send emails and promotional brochures to potential customers who are interested in your product and services. Compared to conventional promotional methods, this is cost-effective as you do not reach the customers individually.
Example of some e-commerce website design
- Hebe: This website stands out for photography. The pictures are of high quality and are beautiful and these things are important when you run an online e-commerce business, especially when it’s not a clothing website. Also, the typography on their page is great as well. The font size is thicker than you usually see online on any other page. These things make the website design stand out even further.
- Bliss: This eCommerce website uses bright colours. That gives a relaxed and cheerful feeling to the customer who is visiting the website also the photography is of a high level they have done a great job with it. They have used big pictures on their homepage which give an overview of how the rest of the website design looks like.
- Dress up: It’s a website that sells fashionable clothes for women. The interesting thing about their website is they use contrasting colours and big bold text when there is a new arrival of their product line-up or seasonal promotion. The thing on their website that attracts the most is the “chat with us” option, which gives the website a more unique, engaging & personalized feel.
- Bohemia Traders: If you’re looking for ideas on how to build a clothing website, Bohemia Traders is a terrific place to start. The Bohemia touch to the website design draws in customers, and visitors to this eCommerce website may quickly distinguish between apparel goods depending on new releases, occasions, accessories, and items.