A man who does not call for any introduction. You’ve perhaps purchased one or various of his products by now.
Well…….we are talking about Steve Jobs – Best known for being one of the best entrepreneur and innovator of our times, he was the co-founder and CEO of Apple Inc. A man who made a transformation in the personal computer industry along with many other consumer electronic fields, had co-founded Pixar Animation Studios as well, which turned out to be one of the most outstanding animation studio in the world. A real mastermind that had transformed the way our generation thinks as well as lives.
We appreciate the man for various reasons – continuous Innovation, his eye for Design, for finding Art in Technology, and a lot more.
However, his life was not an easy ride. He had his own share of downfalls. He had to leave the company that he made with his own hands, and start his life all over again from almost nothing.
What helped him in hard times were his beliefs and on many occasions he had also shared them. His quotes show why the world still looks up to him.
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
Thinking of being dead soon is a powerful tool that help you make big choices in life. As nearly everything -all external beliefs, all humility, all fear of emotional state or non accomplishment – these things just fall away against death, leaving only what is really important.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
The one who is strongly determined is the one who has only one way out, and that is to discover success.
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.”
Money is not of utmost importance all the time. If you want satisfaction in your life, do things that bring you peace of mind that money could never buy.
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
At times, it takes time to make up your mind on where your passion exactly lies. What job profile fascinates you. The sooner you find out what your passions are, the sooner you will find job satisfaction, too.
- “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”
Following a storm, appears the sun in the clear sky to perk up your day.
- “Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
The way future holds extraordinary opportunities, so it holds the pitfalls. The trick will be to keep away from the pitfalls, grab the opportunities, and return home with satisfaction.
- “Let’s go invent tomorrow instead of worrying about what happened yesterday.”
If we want a bright future ahead, we should think about how to enhance our future instead of just worrying about what happened yesterday.
- “If you keep your eye on the profit, you’re going to skimp on the product. But if you focus on making really great products, then the profits will follow.”
Quality can fetch profits, so focus on delivering quality products to make a brand name that sustains in the market.
- “Here’s to the crazy ones – the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently- they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
This is so motivating. This is an ode to the rare set of people who want to make an effort to stand firm against all odds and make a change, all by themselves.
- “Stay hungry, stay foolish.”
Stay hungry means always keep wanting more, achieve more and more success throughout. Stay foolish means always keep on learning, never think that you are familiar with everything in the world.
Are you also immensely motivated by the icon, Steve Jobs? Share with us any of his quote which motivates you the most.